Photographic Advice and Resources
What are the best DSLR cameras for beginners?
The entry-level DSLR camera market has always been one of the most hotly contested, which is great news for all of us on a tight budget. As manufacturers continually try to outdo each other, cheaper DSLR cameras have improved in specification and advanced features over the last few years.
The latest round of models offer superb image quality and great versatility, but that's not all...
To read the rest of this article CLICK HERE
The top five DSLR cameras for beginners:
- Nikon D3100 DSLR Camera: Straight off the camera, images are punchy and vibrant with plenty of detail. There's usually little - if anything - to be done at the editing stage. CLICK HERE to see more
- Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera: The Canon EOS 1100D performs very well in most areas of image quality, having natural colour rendition, good dynamic range and low image noise at high ISOs. CLICK HERE to see more
- Canon EOS 600 DSLR Camera: Images from the Canon EOS 600D are true to life and deliver plenty of shadow and highlight detail. However, shots can lack a little punch and contrast. CLICK HERE to see more
- Nikon D5100: With accurate metering, excellent Active D-Lighting and great performance even at high ISOs, the Nikon D5100 delivers superb image quality.
CLICK HERE to see more
- Pentax k-r DSLR Camera: Saturation is slightly muted, and the colour balance is cool. There's a lack of fine detail along with under-exposure in dull lighting conditions.